In my position as a digital producer for CBC Kids, CBC Parents, CBC Kids Social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest) and CBC Kids Youtube, the list of things I do adds variety to my role and is ever-evolving.
I write for kids and adults, package pieces, copy edit, video edit, pitch projects, manage stats, produce and direct video content in-studio and over Unity, and have even won a Canadian Screen Award for Best Live Production, Social Media for our Facebook Live event: CBC Kids Kindie Class of 2020.
Oh and I forgot — sometimes the team I’m working with include Gary the Unicorn and Mr. Orlando the security moose.
CBC KIDS YOUTUBE
- Managed and implemented a daily schedule for full episode rollouts of preschool shows and in-house segments
- Managed show rights and packaging of content with help from CBC Gem team
- Coordinated with YouTube to promote content based on events and holidays
CBC KIDS SOCIAL
- Create content, copy and schedule for all CBC Kids social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Main producer for Reels, which are a mix of in-house TV content and custom ones that have been pitched, shot and directed
- When the pandemic hit, produced and directed daily Facebook Lives called Hang Time, the top video had over 26K views
- Produced, co-wrote, created content and co-led our three big-production Facebook Lives: Kindie Grad 2020, Halloween Spooktacular and Kinde Grad 2021.
- Package and edit almost all original video on our social platforms, like this Sharon and Bram video and this Mr. Dressup one
- Created a square video template when those were being favoured on Facebook, like for this Fred Penner promo
- Manage a growing list of parent contributors by sourcing pitches, editing copy, packaging and promoting to CBC.ca and on our social platforms
- Created a partnership with ByBlacks.ca to help diversify our pool of contributors
- Shot, produced and directed 17 snack and craft videos in two days for publishing on the site, YouTube and social
- Worked with Fit & Eats to produce workout videos, which I edited on Premiere, to share on the site and on social, like How To Add Weight To Your Workout Without Buying Weights
- Handwashing 101: How to become a handwashing artist! — researched, wrote, packaged, oversaw design
- The real-life Canadian story of Winnie-the-Pooh — pitched, researched, wrote, sourced images
- Treats, water fights and rockets — 5 Asian holidays that’ll make you want to celebrate! — pitched, researched, wrote, sourced images
STUDIO K VLOGS
- For a time, we had weekly vlogs from the Studio K hosts which I led, produced, directed, oversaw editing or edited myself and published to YouTube and the CBC Kids site
- I produced over 50 original videos with everything from makeovers, to challenges, to behind-the-scenes and so much more
- Our top video was a compilation of our funniest moments with over 13K views, but a personal favourite is our song about the now-retired CBC Mailbots, which I wrote, produced, directed and oversaw editing and song recording for
Leave a Reply